Here are my tips for looking beautiful without all the makeup. These are skin care, hair care, and nail care things that we have overlooked or forgotten over the years.
- When hair is wet it is very stretchy, and stretching it too much can cause breakage. Never brush your hair while it is wet, instead use a wide toothed comb or finger comb it if you can.
- When you blow dry your hair instead of keeping the nozzle directly in one spot, wave it back and forth all over to avoid overheating the hair.
- Give your hair a rest some days, instead of using the flat or curling iron put your hair up in a ballerina bun.
- Some people say to only wash your hair every other day, which can work fine for some people. I have heard a professional stylist say wash it every day because healthy hair can only emerge from a clean scalp, so if your hair is oily I think that washing it everyday is fine, and if your hair is dry try washing it every other day and see what happens.
- Always brush your hair before you go to sleep, the reason why we have dry ends is because the oil produced from our scalp hasn’t traveled down to the ends of our hair.
- If you can’t stop breaking out and nothing you’ve tried has worked, try going for an all natural routine. I use St. Ives apricot cleanser and exfoliator, green tea toner, and grapeseed oil for a moisturizer, my skin looks better and better every day.
- The skin on your decolletage is as delicate as the skin underneath your eyes, so it should be treated as an extension of your face. Always moisturize it, never use harsh exfoliators, and always use sunscreen.
- Changing your skin care routine to often can upset the pH balance, so do it gradually.
- Don’t apply any cream to your skin while you sleep. At night the skin repairs itself and applying creams actually get in the way of repair. It will take the skin a few nights to get used to, so if you get a little dry just apply a masque before bed.
- Baggy eyes can be reduced by caffeine, I suggest using a cold bag of tea that isn’t decaffeinated and hold it under the eyes for a minute or so.
- Always moisturize your skin during the day, even if it is oily. When skin becomes dry it produces more sebum to make up for the lack of moisture, so your skin will be even more oily than it really is.
- Exfoliate the skin 3-4 times a week to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- A great masque for acne is honey, flour, and half of a lemons juice.
- When filing the nails don’t go back and forth, start from the right and move the file to the middle and do that over and over, then repeat on the left side.
- For weak, and brittle nails applying a cuticle cream can help strengthen them. I use Burts Bees lemon cuticle cream.
- Before pushing back cuticles place them in warm water to soften them.
- When applying nail polish always use a base coat to avoid yellowing.
Of course I’m not wearing makeup! ♥