This school year I promised myself that I will not make the same mistakes that I did last year like buying jackets that don’t keep me warm, buying a shirt I will never wear, buying something without making sure there aren’t holes in it, buying a simple black v-neck for $20.00 when I can find it for $3.00 somewhere else, the list goes on and on. If you’re like me you can’t afford to buy 50 new pairs of shirts and pants from Abercrombie, so here are my tips to buy plenty with as little money as possible!
Tips to swear by
- Buy at least one jacket that will match with everything, and make sure it is something that will actually keep you warm.
- Buy two scarves that work with every outfit, even if you live in a hot place like South Texas there are the occasional cold fronts, the school building is always freezing, and it can make a simple outfit look really cute!
- If you’re feeling iffy about a garment don’t buy it, you might find something you like more in another store, and you can always come back later if you decide that you want it.
- Some colors that are in this season are maroon, hot hot pink, mustard, deep purple, deep green, vivid blue, winter white, navy blue, and black, I suggest buying clothes in these colors so you never feel out of style.
My must haves
I am so happy that the some of the clothes that worked for summer still work for fall, here are the things that do!
- The Peter Pan collar.
- High-low skirts and shirts.
- Colored denim, but instead of bright candy colors its maroon, mustard, olive, brown, etc.
- Sheer button downs.
I have been lusting after sheer button down shirts! I just bought one yesterday from Ross, the one I have is white and it’s a high-low shirt. Mine is similar to this one except mine is long sleeved and doesn’t have a studded collar.
Chiffon skirts are my favorite thing this fall! This is so on my wish list! Make sure yours is school length appropriate. What I’m going do is wear leggings underneath because this skirt is transparent.
Animal printed leggings are so in this fall! They are also cheaper than buying pants; I have found some for $5.00! Here is my pick!
A white v-neck or scoop neck shirt is a must, it can save an outfit.
A brown waist belt is a must; there have been countless times when I desperately needed one. I do have a trick though, if you don’t have one, you can always use a large and long ribbon!
Buy at least one pair of earrings if you aren’t a big jewelry person. Make sure they aren’t either gold or silver because one day you might be wearing all gold and if the only pair of earrings you have are silver then you will be stuck in a rut. I suggest buying pearl studs they will work with everything!
- There are always great style deals and flash deals at Forever21
- Ross and Marshalls are two stores that I really love because you can find cute clothes for amazing prices
- I have yet to try it, but my cousin finds really pretty clothes at Goodwill. I was surprised when I asked her where she got all of her super cute things and her answer was Goodwill! Go by one that is next to a neighborhood where the residents have plenty of money.
Back pack essentials
- I found this amazing Mini Emergency Kit at Francesca’s yesterday, I haven’t bought it yet but it is defiantly on my to-do list. It is in a super tiny and pretty bag that will fit in any purse or backpack. This mini emergency kit holds all the essentials for life’s unexpected events. The emergency kit include lip balm, dental floss, breath freshener, emery board, clear nail polish, nail polish remover, hair spray, clear elastics, earring backs, stain remover, double sided tape, mending kit, deodorant towelette, adhesive bandage, tampon & pain reliever.
- If you have gym, bring a mini deodorant you can find them at any grocery store, I swear it will save your life!
- If you’re like me and you have crazy dry skin you need lotion but don’t want to bring your huge at home bottle. I like to bring all of the mini sample sized that I get when I order makeup online, you can also get them from any department store, they always have samples!
- Bring a back pack that has plenty of pockets, is comfortable, and will go with any outfit!
- Always have fun, colorful, gel pens on hand, they can spark up any dreary assignment!
So there are my back-to-school tips, I hope this helps!
The wheels on the bus go round and round! ♥